The Black Students Virtual Career Fair will be March 15-16, 2021 from 1-6 PM EST. On March 15th, "Interview Prep Day," employers will provide free resources to students including resume review, mock interviews, and day-in-the-life breakout rooms. On March 16th, "Virtual Fair Day," students will have 10-15 minute time slots with recruiters to have virtual video calls (recruiters will use InternX's built-in video solution or will provide a link for you to use their own video conferencing application). In order for you to be fully prepared for the fair, please read the following list of actions you can take leading up to the fair.
1. Create your profile with your student email here.
2. Make sure your profile is up to date with your latest information & upload your resume. This is what recruiters will be filtering through to decide which students will be sent meeting invites.
3. Head over to your Career Fairs tab here, and click "Register for this fair" for the Black Students Virtual Career Fair. Recruiters will be searching through students that have specifically registered for the fair.
4. Check out the Job Postings that companies add by clicking on your "Career Fairs" tab and then selecting the "Jobs" tab. Recruiters will be adding jobs in a few weeks so check back later for job postings. You can message employers through those postings if you are interested.
5. Accept any recruiter invites that you receive through the link in your email. Recruiters will begin to send invites in a few weeks.
6. Open scheduling for companies will begin on March 8th at 9 am EDT. At that time, you can schedule a meeting during available time slots. Click on the event in your Career Fairs tab, and then click on Companies at the top. Head to the company's scheduling tab, and select a time slot that works best for your schedule. As a reminder, these are first come, first serve.
•If you do not get to schedule a meeting with a company you are interested in, "save" that company and check on the day of the fair for any meeting cancellations. Openings may appear that you can fill.
7. If you still want to learn more about a company and did not have the chance to meet with them, check their company description to see what steps you should take to let the company know that you are interested.
8. Check back here in a few weeks for further details about applying for the scholarships that we will be giving away at the event!
TO ACCESS THE FAIR: Log into your profile here, and select the fair from your "Career Fairs" tab.
We want to make this process as seamless as possible for you so please read the above steps thoroughly, and let us know if you have any questions by using the Intercom chat box in the lower right hand corner of our website.
Good luck at the virtual fair! You've got this.