Hello, SWE students!
The Midwest SWE Virtual Career Fair will be on October 27 from 1-6 PM EDT. You do not have to attend the fair for the entire day. Students will pre-schedule 10-15 minute time slots with recruiters to have virtual video calls. Recruiters will use InternX's built-in video solution or will provide a link for you to use their own video conferencing application. In order for you to be fully prepared for the fair, please read the following list of actions you can take leading up to the fair.
1. Make sure your profile is up to date with your latest information. This is what recruiters will be looking at to see your resume and experiences.
2. Head over to your Career Fairs tab here, and click "Register for this fair" for the Midwest SWE Virtual Fair. Recruiters will be searching through students that have specifically registered for the fair.
3. Check out the Job Postings that companies add by clicking on your "Career Fairs" tab and then selecting the "Jobs" tab. Recruiters will be adding jobs in a few weeks so check back later for job postings. You can message employers through those postings if you are interested.
4. Accept any recruiter invites that you receive through the link in your email. Recruiters will begin to send invites in a few weeks.
5. Open scheduling for companies will begin on October 20 at 9 am EDT. At that time, you can schedule a meeting during available time slots. As a reminder, these are first come, first serve.
•If you do not get to schedule a meeting with a company you are interested in, "save" that company and check on the day of the fair for any meeting cancellations. Openings may appear that you can fill.
6. If you still want to learn more about a company and did not have the chance to meet with them, check their company description to see what steps you should take to let the company know that you are interested.
We want to make this process as seamless as possible for you so please read the above steps throughly, and let us know if you have any questions by using the Intercom chat box in the lower right hand corner of our website.
Good luck at the fair! You've got this.
The InternX Team